Reviews

Saturday 14 November 2015

Hair Trial

    In preparation for our hair assessment me and my partner practiced our hair designs on each other during the week to make sure we could achieve the look in the time frame we're given and see how we could achieve it. I started off by sectioning the hair into four parts, a section for the plaits that would be placed at the front, the next section would be crimped and made into a heart shape using rat buns to create height. The next section is the same as the first section where I create a plait, and lastly the biggest section of the hair will be left straight and curled at the bottom to add a lift to the hair.
    When recreating this look I came across a few struggles like not section the hair for the plaits big enough which made the plaits very small and tight which isn't the effect my partner wanted to achieve with her look, and a small tip I was given was when starting off this look to plait the hair that needed to be plaited first then move onto creating the heart shaped hair, doing this insures that you won't bump into the hair thats up making it lose its shape and can cause it to fall out. I also learnt (or reminded) that I could and should use curling tongs to create the tight curl at the end of the hair instead of trying to use a tool that isn't meant for curling. After this practice I feel so much more prepared for my assessment and will be practicing her design over the weekend and make sure I get it done perfectly!

No comments:

Post a Comment