Reviews

Tuesday 17 November 2015

Hair Assessment: Being The Stylist


    When I was first paired with my partner I was very happy as I knew I got along with her and had spoken to her in the two months leading up to our assessment, and when I saw her design I was even more grateful to be with her as her design as it was rather easy to create coming from someone who has had no experience in hair what so ever and is not confident in that area at all.
    When starting this look I sectioned each part to make sure it'll all be in proportion and the sections would be big enough to create the french braid and use the buns to create the heart shapes sitting on the crown of the head. After sectioning the hair I moved on by curling the ends of the hair and leaving them to set so when I came to take them out after I had completed everything I knew they'd hold their curl. Next was crimping the section of hair that would be put up in the buns as I didn't want to try crimp hair after putting a french braid in the front of the hair, which was the third step I did, I made my partner move her head to the side as I braided from one side to the next then pinned it into place so it was hidden. Lastly was to create the heart shapes on the crown of the head which involved me rolling the bun from the tips of the hair to the base then pinning into place while arranging the hair to the buns was hidden and wouldn't come up in the photographs. 
     Overall after the assessment I was pleased with it in some areas, however I felt I could of gone about creating certain areas of the look a lot different which would make the overall appearance much stronger but like I said it, I'm not strong in hair at all so I guess I have to be proud of myself for being able to go from no skills to obtaining the basics and I look forward to learning more skills and building up a good hair portfolio.

No comments:

Post a Comment