Reviews

Monday 26 October 2015

Hair Chart: Contemporary Design

    Today I did my first hair chart! The guidelines for this design was to create a contemporary hair design for a high fashion designer catwalk show, for my first design I decided to go big and heart shaped! To create this I would crimp and backcomb the whole head of hair and either use a rat roll or tightly pack the hair by rolling it again itself and continue either methods around both sides of the hair creating a heart shaped front and back of the hair. Possible decoration to the hair would include lace, pearls or another idea is gold flakes and I'd scatter them around the hair with no coordination to create an undone effect to the hair.
    My second design was inspired by a classic messy bun but enlarged and with so much more volume! To recreate this I would backcomb the whole head of hair, with possible crimping to add different textures to the hair, and pulling it up into a high ponytail that'll sit around the crown of the head. After I had got my high ponytail I would create a small bun on the top of the head while fluffing up the rest of the hair around the bun to create a sunken in effect.
    For my third design I really liked the idea of an up do that was more tight and beehive shaped, but still incorporating the Elizabethan style with strands of hair crimped and pinned up against the backcombed hair and tight curls on either side of the head and a plait running around the front of the hairline. I liked this design because it would elongate the hairline which is a feature that the Elizabethans really liked to enhance and it apparently made them seem more intelligent. I do really like this design idea, however I think some of my other designs are much better and more contemporary Elizabethan style.
     My forth design I wanted to keep on the simple side of things and went for straight, messy hair with random strands of hair lightly crimped or curled to create more texture to the hair and to also put a more modern twist on Elizabethan hairstyles. I really like this idea of having straight hair for my contemporary hair design as it's moving away from a classic up do, but I also think that this design might also be too contemporary for this project. 
    My final two designs are rather similar in the sense that they both involve plaits wrapping around the head, but in different styles and shapes. My fifth design is revolving around the same style as my first design as it has the classic heart shape, but I thought I'd incorporate plaits wrapping around the backcombed hair to, again create texture and also incorporate Elizabethan classic hairstyles into one hair design. Again, this design is also one of my favourites but realistically I don't think I could create this look within the standard time that we're given.
    My final design was inspired by the head pieces that Elizabethans used to wear, but instead of using the cap I'd recreate it by wrapping around plaits at the crown of the head, kind of putting an Elizabethan spin on a milk maid braid. 

No comments:

Post a Comment