Reviews

Monday 12 October 2015

Hair Inspiration - Elizabethan Style!

    There are many adaptations of Elizabethan hair, some more dramatic than others but here are some of the hairstyles that I have taken inspiration for my final Elizabethan hair project. The first thing that came into mind when we was told to create a contemporary Elizabethan hairstyle was hearts, more specifically heart shaped hair and also hearts on the hair like one of the most popular pictures of Amber Rose with her hearts dyed onto her hair. This may not even end up being apart of my final look, but non the less I'm up for trying both techniques out.
    My second option was to go down the massive backcombed and curled look like the Beyonce promo pictures for her Mrs Carter world tour. I think this idea of the massive loosely curled hair would really show a modern twist on an Elizabethan classic as it keeps with the rounded hair trend that was going on at the time. Another feature was the placement of the crown in her hair, I also want to try this technique of having objects that show symbolism just like Elizabeth's portraits.

No comments:

Post a Comment