Reviews

Tuesday 27 October 2015

Hair Inspiration For Designs


    Here are some of the images that have inspired me though out this project and helped me create my final designs. And as you'll be able to see I was mainly inspired by the big, back combed hair and shaped hair that queen Elizabethan would have worn and how different designers such as Alexander McQueen, Marc Jacobs, Chanel, and everyday hair trends have interpreted this classic style of Elizabethan hair.














    I wanted to go down the shaped, big hair route opposed to a more slick plaited look as for me big hair embodies Elizabethan hair and I wanted to put my own twist on that by using inspiration from different shapes and creating different textures to the hair like other designers had. I did draw up some designs that involved a more tight structure, and I do still like those designs but they didn't scream Elizabethan unlike big voluminous hair does and I also found that I was inspired by more shaped hair as you'll be able to tell from the images above so I went with my gut and my designer instinct and went with my chosen design which was my heart shaped hair design which I'm so happy and excited about seeing my design on my own head and model it!

No comments:

Post a Comment